The items of NOUSAKU are mainly made by casting. Casting is the manufacturing method; pouring the molten metal into a mold which contains a hollow cavity of the desired shape, and allowing it to solidify. As a manufacturer of cast metal wares, NOUSAKU will keep on seeking the appropriate combination of material ( tin, brass, bronze) and the casting method.
With proper care and maintenance, a new item will last for generations. Please take the time and read our Care & Maintenance instructions below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
For tin items
- Wash with a mild detergent using a soft sponge.
- Polish with a baking soda to bring out the luster.
- Tin wares become very hot when hot liquid is poured. Take care not to be burnt when handle.
- Do not put the product over a fire nor use it in microwave as the melting point is low.
- Clean an item well after pouring/placing something with strong acidity to avoid tarnish.
- Refrain from storing in the refrigerator more than 30 minutes or in the freezer to avoid deterioration of products.
- Not suitable for use in dishwashing or drying machines.
- Never scrub with a brush.
- Excessive bending and changing shapes may cause a damage of an item.
For items with gold leaf
- Wash with mild detergent using soft cloth (sponge.)
- Never polish with a commercial metal cleaner or baking soda.
- To avoid the gold leaf from flaking off, do not change the shape nor fill an item with liquid more than 12 hours, and be sure to dry it well after use.
For flexible wares
- Excessive bending and changing shapes to a point may lead to cracks and breakage away of the item.
For brass items
- Wipe with a soft cloth after use.
- As the surfaces of colored items are prone to scratching. Do not use stiff brushes or metal polishes.
For flower vases and Moss planters
- To protect from green rust, wipe off water drops on the moss planter after watering.
- Never use cut flower preservative in vases as this can cause discoloring.
- Moss must be moist at all times for its growth. It likes cool, moist and shady environments with indirect sunlight. Therefore, avoid exposing moss to direct sunlight, heat, dry spells, or handling for long periods.
- Use a fine mist to water. When dry, or about to be left for long periods, wrap the pot (and soil) in cellophane to keep in moisture. Frequent misting to maintain moisture level (not soaking wet) helps keep moss green & happy.
- As moss grows from spores, never throw away even if dry or brown. It will generally grow again when conditions improve.
For candle holders
- Wipe with a soft cloth or a sponge after use.
- Treat with diluted dishwashing detergent and lightly rub with a damp sponge/ cloth if needed. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
- Do not rub with a metal polisher.
- Although some object receives a color fixing finish, the color may slightly fade over time.
- Warm molten wax when it is hard to take off.
- Candle holders will become very hot during use. Be careful not to be burnt during handling. Do not touch until it has cooled completely.
- Failure to follow these directions could result in unexpected fire hazard or personal injury.
- Place candles on solid, stable and heat resistant surfaces in areas where they cannot accidentally be knocked over.
- Use only in well ventilated low heat condition.
- Candles should not be used where there are drafts or air currents (A/C, ceiling fans, windows).
- Do not move candle while burning or if wax is hot.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not use candles while you sleep.
For wind bells
- Wipe with a soft cloth or sponge after use.
- Do not rub hard with metal polishers. As they may scratch the surface, use of hard brushes or scouring pads are best avoided.
- Do not use brushes or metal polishers. Although the item is given a color fixing finish, the color may slightly fade over the years.
- The slip is made of Japanese paper which is water resistant but not perfectly waterproof. We recommend to place the wind bell indoors when the wind blows strongly.
- Treat with diluted dishwashing detergent & lightly rub with a damp sponge/cloth, if needed. Then, wipe with a dry cloth.